Mums Meet Mums is a social networking website designed for mums, grandmothers, expectant mums and childminders as a place to meet up for companionship.
We will endeavour to match you up with other like-minded members who share similar interests and schedules.
Our site is intended as an enjoyable place to visit and it is important to us (and for you) that it remains a safe and friendly environment. You agree that you will only use Mums Meet Mums in a manner consistent with its purpose and which is in accordance with these terms and conditions (the “Terms”). It is developed by Mums Meet Mums Ltd.
- ACCESSING OUR SERVICES
Access to our services is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend our services without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our services are unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our services, or our entire services, to users who have registered with us.
When using our services, you must comply with the provisions of our terms of acceptable use.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our services. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our services through your internet connection or mobile device are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
Do you guarantee that Mums Meet Mums will be up and running at all times?
Unfortunately, we can’t guarantee that because sometimes we have to carry out maintenance or it may be affected by a fault or circumstances which are outside our control, therefore, Mums Meet Mums is provided on an “as is” basis. No warranty is given about the quality, accuracy, functionality, availability or performance of Mums Meet Mums and we reserve the right to suspend, withdraw, amend, modify or vary the service provided on Mums Meet Mums without notice and without incurring any liability to you.
What about mobile access?
You are responsible for making all the necessary arrangements to ensure you can access Mums Meet Mums (including, but not limited to Internet provider and mobile internet provider fees and, any other charges associated with such access). We shall not be held responsible for any reduced functionality you may encounter as result of or in connection with accessing Mums Meet Mums through mobile services or any similar service currently known or developed in the future.
By accessing Mums Meet Mums or agreeing to receive messages or notifications from Mums Meet Mums through your mobile phone and/or any other connected media device, you accept that you may incur charges from your internet or mobile service provider. We shall not under any circumstances be liable for such charges.
Mum Dates (meet ups)
We are not responsible for the circumstances or consequences of any Mum Dates. Members accept responsibility for the circumstance and consequence of any Mum Dates. Mums Meet Mums cannot be held liable for any loss, damage or harm caused to any person at any Mum Date or through the use of this Website.
In order to become a member of Mums Meet Mums, you must complete the following steps within 5 days;
- Upload a profile photo of yourself;
- Edit your profile, filling in all sections as accurately as possible;
- Buy your membership;
- There is a one-off payment of £5.00 to join the site, this is non-refundable.
- Mums Meets Mums, gives you 5 days to complete these steps, if your profile is not completed within this time, we will delete your account. This is for user transparency and for other members to feel comfortable.
We will endeavour to send you an email after 2 days to remind you to complete your profile.
Upon purchasing your membership, we will post to you, a complimentary Mums Meet Mums Jellyband. You’re required to wear this Jellyband on all your Mum Dates, this is so you can easily identify other members.
Replacement Jellybands will incurr a £5.00 charge to yourself. If you require a replacement band, please email us at email@example.com.
We will raise an invoice and once funds are received, we will endeavour that you receive your band within 2-3 days, depending on the postal service!.
- USE OF THE SITE AND RULES RELATING TO CONTENT
Who can use Mums Meet Mums?
Mums Meet Mums is a meeting place for adult mothers, grandmothers, expectant mothers and childminders. You may only use and become a registered member of Mums Meet Mums if:
- You are 18 years old or older;
- You are a Mum, Grandmother, Expectant Mum or Childminder;
- You are a resident in the U.K and our accessing our site from this location;
- You are legally have the capacity to enter into binding contracts;
Upon registering to use our site, you will be able to check and amend any errors before submitting your details to us. We ask you to ensure your details are correct at each stage of the registration process. You agree to:
To provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service registration process (Registration Details);
That, in providing such Registration Details, you will not knowingly omit or misrepresent any material facts or information (including without limitation in relation to your age, sex, status (whether as a mum, mum-to-be or otherwise) or identity);
That you will advise us promptly of any changes to your Registration Details (including, but not limited to, your current email address) as soon as they change.
When you submit your Registration Details to us, we will send you an email confirming receipt of your Registration Details, but this does not require us to accept your registration for the Service.
When you register to use the Service, you will need to enter a unique user name and password to access your account (User ID). You agree that you will not allow another person to use your User ID to access or use the Service under any circumstances. You agree that you are solely and entirely responsible for your User ID and for any charges, damages, liabilities or losses incurred or suffered as a result of your failure to keep it secure. We are not liable for any charges, damages, liabilities or losses caused by or related to the theft of your User ID, your disclosure of your User ID, or you allowing another person to access and use the Service using your User ID.
Your User ID must not include any of the following:
- (a) Spaces or tabs;
- (b) Obscene or profane words;
- (c) Email addresses or website addresses or representations of email addresses or website addresses;
- (d) Another user’s username;
- (e) The @, &, ‘, (, ), <, or > symbols;
- (f) Consecutive underscores (__);
- (g) An underscore (_), dash (-) or full stop (.) at the beginning of a username; or
- (h) The words “Mums Meet Mums”.
You are solely and entirely responsible for any and all use of your account, including any charges incurred relating to the Service. You agree immediately to notify us of any unauthorised use of your account, or any other breach of security known to you.
You acknowledge that the complete privacy of your data and messages transmitted over the internet while using the Service cannot be guaranteed.
Your access to the Service may occasionally be restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to restore the Service as soon as we reasonably can.
The Service does not include the provision of computer or other necessary equipment to access the Service. To use the Service you will require internet connectivity and appropriate telecommunication links. We will not be liable for any telephone or other costs that you may incur.
Registration for the Service is conducted in the English language only.
How is the Contract formed between You and Us
After you register on our site, you will receive an email from us acknowledging that we have received your Registration Details. However, please note that this does not mean that your registration has been accepted. Our acceptance of your registration will take place as described below.
- You click the activation link, which will divert you to our website:
- Upload a current photo of yourself
- Complete your profile as accurately as possible;
- Buy your membership, entering the correct address and details.
We will confirm our acceptance to you by sending you an email confirming that you a registered Jelly Band member on our site (Registration Confirmation).
The Contract between us will only be formed when we send you the Confirmation of your Jellyband Membership.
You warrant that you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into and be bound by the Terms and that by using Mums Meet Mums you will not be violating any law or regulation of the county in which you are resident. You are solely responsible for your compliance with all applicable local laws and regulations.
You further warrant that you have not been convicted of, nor are subject to any court order relating to assault, violence, sexual misconduct or harassment.
User Generated Content on Mums Meet Mums?
In these terms and conditions, your user content means material (including without limitation text, images, posts, messages, audio material, video material and audio-visual material) that you submit to our Website, for whatever purpose.
Your user content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or us or a third party (in each case under any applicable law).
Your user content (and its publication on our Website) must not:
- be offensive, deceptive, threatening, abusive, harassing, or menacing, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory; or
- be blasphemous;
- be in breach of racial or religious hatred or discrimination legislation;
- be libellous or maliciously false;
- be obscene or indecent;
- infringe any copyright, moral right, database right, trade mark right, design right, right in passing off, or other intellectual property right;
- constitute spam;
- infringe any right of confidence, right of privacy, or right under data protection legislation;
- constitute negligent advice or contain any negligent statement;
- be in breach of official secrets legislation;
- be in breach of any contractual obligation owed to any person;
- depict violence;
- be pornographic or sexually explicit;
- consist of or contain any instructions, advice or other information which may be acted upon and could, if acted upon, cause illness, injury or death, or any other loss or damage;
- be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order;
- constitute an incitement to commit a crime;
- cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to any person.
Your user content must be appropriate, civil, tasteful and accord with generally accepted standards of etiquette and behaviour on the internet.
You must not submit any user content to this Website that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
We reserve the right to edit or remove any material submitted to our Website, or stored on our servers, or hosted or published upon our Website.
Please use your best judgment when picking the Content that you choose to post on or send via Mums Meet Mums because you are solely responsible for, and bear all liability in relation to, such Content.
Are there any rules relating to personal information?
You may not display any personal contact or banking information on your individual profile (“Profile”) whether in relation to you or any other person (for example, home addresses or postcodes, telephone numbers, email addresses, URLs, credit/debit card or other banking details). If you do choose to reveal any personal information about yourself to other users, whether via chat, email or otherwise, it is at your own risk. We encourage you to use the same caution in disclosing details about yourself to third parties online as you would under any other circumstances. We recommend you follow our safety tips when doing so.
How do we use your personal information
What about other people’s personal information, can I use it?
You may only use other Mums Meet Mums user’s personal information to the extent that your use of it matches Mums Meet Mums purpose of allowing people to meet one another. You may not use other users’ information for commercial purposes, to spam, to harass, or to make unlawful threats. Mums Meet Mums reserves the right to terminate your account if you misuse other users’ information.
Can I tell my friends my password and let them log on as me?
The short answer is no. Only you are authorised to access your own account with Mums Meet Mums. You must not share your password with anyone or let anyone else access your account as this jeopardises the security of all of the Content and personal information that you have submitted to Mums Meet Mums. You are responsible for keeping your password secret and secure. If you don’t, Mums Meet Mums is not liable for any unauthorised access to your account. If you suspect that someone has gained access to your account, you must let us know immediately by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org and telling us of your suspicions or concerns. You must also immediately change your password. Mums Meet Mums reserves the right to terminate your account if you violate our rules on keeping your password secure.
Who can see the Content that I put on Mums Meet Mums?
When you upload Content to Mums Meet Mums it can be accessed and viewed by our members. If you do not want certain Content to be viewed by others, then you can use the privacy settings and select the person(s) to whom you wish to give access. Please note, only your profile photo is shown to the general public. If you still do not want such Content to be viewed by others, then you should not upload it to Mums Meet Mums. We reserve the right (without obligation) at our sole discretion and without giving you notice, to remove or edit, limit or block access to any Content that you upload or submit to Mums Meet Mums without any incurring liability to you. We have no obligation to display any Content that you submit to Mums Meet Mums, nor to check the accuracy or truthfulness of any Content submitted to Mums Meet Mums, nor to monitor your use or the use of other users of Mums Meet Mums.
You must not:
- access or otherwise interact with our website using any robot, spider or other automated means;
- use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the website;
- use our website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
- violate the directives set out in the robots.txt file for our website; or
- use data collected from our website for any direct marketing activity (including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing).
- You must ensure that all the information you supply to us through our website, or in relation to our website, is true, accurate, current, complete and non-misleading.
- conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent;
- use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
You must not use our Website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to this Website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of this Website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use our Website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our Website without our express written consent.
You must not use our Website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
- OWNERSHIP OF CONTENT
Once I have uploaded Content on Mums Meet Mums, do I still own it?
Yes (provided you are the rightful owner in the first place — please see our other rules regarding posting Content that doesn’t belong to you).
Please note though that by posting or sending Content on Mums Meet Mums you represent and warrant to us that you have the right to do so, and automatically grant to us a non-exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide licence to use such Content in any way (including, without limitation, editing, copying, modifying, adapting, translating, reformatting, creating derivative works from, incorporating into other works, advertising, distributing and otherwise making available to the general public such Content, whether in whole or in part and in any format or medium currently known or developed in the future).
We may assign and/or sub-licence the above licence to our affiliates and successors without any further approval by you.
By submitting Content to Mums Meet Mums you are warranting that you are the exclusive author and owner of that Content and you agree that you waive any and all moral rights relating to that Content (including, without limitation, the right to be identified as the author).
We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any Content posted or uploaded by you to our Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights or of their right to privacy or any other law.
Intellectual Property Rights
All text, graphics, user interfaces, trademarks, logos, sounds and artwork on Mums Meet Mums are owned, controlled or licensed by us and are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property law rights.
The long version…We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the content and materials which are published on the website or made available via our services. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our services for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our services.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material provided via our services must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our services for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Can I use any of the Content that doesn’t belong to me?
Other than in relation to Content submitted by you to Mums Meet Mums, you do not have any rights in relation to the Content on Mums Meet Mums and you agree that you will not use any Content in any manner which may infringe any third party’s rights. Without limitation to the foregoing, this means that you agree that you will not copy, modify, adapt, distribute, publish or sell all or any part of the Mums Meet Mums site or the Content contained on it (other than the Content submitted by you) to anyone else.
- TERMINATION OF USE BY US
My Profile has disappeared and I can’t log in. What’s going on?
As above mentioned, once you register to become a member on our site, you have 5 days to complete your profile. This means uploading a photo, completing your edit section and purchasing your membership. If these actions are not completed, it will result in the termination of your account.
In addition, members may often forget about the Terms and post Content or act in a way while on Mums Meet Mums which is not consistent with the purpose of the site. If we think that you may be one of those people, then we reserve the right at our sole discretion, at any time and without liability or the need to give you prior notice to:
- suspend or revoke your registration (where applicable) and your right to access and/or use Mums Meet Mums or submit any Content to Mums Meet Mums; and
- make use of any operational, technological, legal, or other means available to enforce the Terms (including without limitation blocking specific IP addresses).
We will try (but we are not obliged) to notify you if your access to Mums Meet Mums and/or your Profile is to be or has been suspended or terminated.
- TERMINATION OF USE BY YOU
What do I do if I want to “unregister” myself from Mums Meet Mums?
If you have registered on Mums Meet Mums, you can terminate your registration at any time by going to your “Profile” then ‘Settings’ on Mums Meet Mums when you are logged in and choosing the ‘delete account’. Once your registration is terminated, we have the right to delete any related Content that you have submitted or uploaded on to Mums Meet Mums. For further details.
Content that you have uploaded to Mums Meet Mums, other than your Profile (such as chat messages), may still appear on Mums Meet Mums following termination of your registration.
You can report any abuse or complain about Content on Mums Meet Mums by contacting us on email@example.com, outlining the abuse and or complaint.
Do you have guidelines in place about what you can do with my personal data?
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Our services are aimed at users in the United Kingdom and we give no warranty that our services comply with the laws of any other jurisdiction. Our services are made available on an “as is” and “as available” basis and you use our services at your own risk.
The material displayed on our services is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability incurred by you arising from use of Mums Meet Mums, its services or these terms and conditions, including without limitation for any claims, charges, demands, damages, liabilities, losses or expenses of whatever nature and howsoever direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages (however arising including negligence), loss of use, loss of data, loss of goodwill, loss caused by a computer or electronic virus, loss of income, revenue, contracts or profit, loss of anticipated savings, loss of business, loss of or damage to property, wasted management or office time, breach of contract or claims of third parties or other losses of any kind or character, even if Mums Meet Mums has been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses, arising out of or in connection with the use of Mums Meet Mums. For any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above. Our total liability to you (whether in tort, contract or otherwise) for any direct financial loss that is not excluded by the above categories and which arises from your use of our services shall not exceed the sum of £10.
- This limitation on liability applies to, but is not limited to, the transmission of any disabling device or virus that may infect your equipment, failure or mechanical or electrical equipment or communication lines, telephone or other interconnect problems (e.g., you cannot access your internet service provider), unauthorized access, theft, bodily injury, property damage, operator errors, strikes or other labour problems or any act of god. in connection with Mums Meet Mums including, without limitation, any liability for loss of revenue or income, loss of profits or contracts, loss of business, loss of anticipated savings, loss of goodwill, loss of data, wasted management or office time and any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including, but not limited to, negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable whether arising directly or indirectly.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
If you act in a way that upsets other users then you have to be responsible for the consequences. We expressly disclaim any and all responsibility and liability for your conduct or the conduct of any other user of Mums Meet Mums, and expressly disclaim any liability for Content uploaded by you or by any other user.
If we are sued as a result of your use of Mums Meet Mums then we have the right to defend or settle the relevant claim as we see fit. If we ask, you will co-operate fully and reasonably as required by us in the defence of any relevant claim.
You agree to defend and indemnify us and our affiliates and any of their officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives and licensors from and against any claims, causes of action, proceedings, demands, recoveries, losses, liabilities, damages, fines penalties, or other costs or expenses of any kind or nature including but not limited to reasonable legal and accounting fees, suffered or reasonably incurred by us arising as a result of, or in connection with, your access to and use of Mums Meet Mums, the uploading or submission of Content to Mums Meet Mums by you or your conduct, other than in accordance with the Terms or any applicable law or regulation (“Claim”). Mums Meet Mums retains the exclusive right to settle, compromise and pay any and all Claims or causes of action which are brought against us without your prior consent.
Mums Meet Mums does not give or make any warranty or representation of any kind about the information contained on Mums Meet Mums, whether express or implied. Use of Mums Meet Mums and the materials available on it is at your sole risk. Mums Meet Mums cannot be held responsible for any loss arising from the transmission, use of data, or inaccurate Content posted by users. You are responsible for taking all necessary precautions to ensure that any material you may obtain from Mums Meet Mums is free of viruses or other harmful components. You accept that Mums Meet Mums will not be provided uninterrupted or error free, that defects may not be corrected or that Mums Meet Mums, or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or bugs, spyware, Trojan horses or any similar malicious software. Mums Meet Mums is not responsible for any damage to your computer hardware, computer software, or other equipment or technology including, but without limitation damage from any security breach or from any virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer line or network failure or any other technical or other malfunction.
Our Service Changes
We aim to update our services regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our services, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our services may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
We reserve the right to modify, amend or change the Terms at any time (a “Change”). If we do this then the Changes will be posted on this page and we will indicate the effective date of the updates at the bottom of the Terms. In certain circumstances, we may send an email to you notifying you of any Change. You should regularly check this page to take notice of any Changes, as they are binding on you from when you access our services after they are posted to them.
If you do not accept any Change to the Terms, you should stop using Mums Meet Mums immediately. Your continued use of Mums Meet Mums following any Change constitutes your acceptance of the Change and you will be legally bound by the new updated Terms.
If, for any reason, any of the Terms are declared to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by a court of a competent jurisdiction, then to the extent that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from the Terms and the remainder of the Terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
The Terms set out the entire agreement and understanding between us and you in relation to your use of Mums Meet Mums and supersedes all previous agreements, representations and arrangements between us (either oral or written). Nothing in this clause shall limit or exclude any liability for fraudulent misrepresentation.
No failure or delay by us in exercising any right, power or privilege under the Terms shall operate as a waiver of such right or acceptance of any variation of the Terms and nor shall any single or partial exercise by either party of any right, power or privilege preclude any further exercise of that right or the exercise of any other right, power or privilege.
Nothing in the Terms shall confer or purport to confer on any other third party, any benefit or the right to enforce any term of the Terms and the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to the Terms.
Mums Meet Mums is operated by Mums Meet Mums ltd from its offices in the United Kingdom. The Web Site is directed to adults in the United Kingdom and are not intended for children under the age of 13.
Viruses, Hacking and Other Offences
You must not misuse our services by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful, or attempting to reverse engineer our services (and in particular in the case of the application). You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our services, the server on which our services are stored or any server, computer or database connected to our services. You must not attack our services via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our services will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our services or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
The English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to or the use of our services.
Information About US
The services are owned and operated by Mums Meet Mums Ltd. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 10758231.
Data protection registration
We are registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
Our data protection registration number is ZA261285.
The Terms were last updated on: 1st April 2017